Monday, January 22, 2007

back to blogland?

Well, after moving across country and the holidays and finals, I think maybe I'm ready to return to blogland. =)

To top it off, my grandmother-in-law passed away at the end of December, so I've been pondering life and death, what our lives are for, all that good stuff. I'm going to give birth to a new life any day now (due in 3 weeks), so it's interesting to watch the generations come and go. I don't really have anything profound to say about it, it's just been on my mind. I think life feels like a cycle for one of the first times--a cycle of generations being born and having a chance to live, and then passing on. It's sad to know that my son won't know his great grandma, and won't know my great-grandparents, for that matter, who all were amazing people with unique experiences and personalities. It's strange to think about all the billions of people who live now and have lived throughout history, and that none of us can know the beauty of all of them as unique persons, and then they die.

And yet, I have hte oportunity to know a new life; I'm already getting to know him. He's this new being with so much potential, and he'll be a beautiful, unique person too. And I do get the chance to know him, and that's a huge gift.

No comments: