Friday, June 23, 2006

summer blogging

I've noticed that I'm not feeling as compelled to blog at the moment, as I was during the school year. I've been wondering why that is, and thought of a few reasons: first of all, there is sunshine outside (sometimes, although it's been raining still--but today was nice). Why would I sit inside at a computer when I could be outside?

Second, I'm not reading as much, and although I'm thinking about a lot of stuff it's not so easy to process in writing. And it's not as much volume as during the school year. There's a lot to learn about pastoral ministry, but it's experiential and already involves people, so maybe I don't feel like I need to pull in the relational element as much because that's being fed with *gasp* real people. =)

Third, what I'm doing is working with people, and who knows who will stumble across this blog? So I don't want to write anything specific or critical or even positive because of confidentiality. They're not exactly my stories to share with cyberspace.

So maybe this summer I'll be outside more, hang out with people more, and give my brain permission to take a break. But it's nice to know blogging is still here when I need to process. Thanks for indulging my meandering process.

1 comment:

Liz in the Mist said...

I will miss your blogging! Please keep in touch via email!!