Saturday, May 13, 2006

tourists for the week

I'm having fun this week showing my mom and my grandma around New Jersey, New York and PEnnsylvania. It's fun having them here, since they live in Oregon--it's nice to have people from home who will know about our life out herw.

We spent the day today in New York City. I've been there several times since we moved here, and each time I'm surprised how much I like NYC, much more than I'd expected. They are things not to like, but I like the subway and I like all the different kinds of people. I like that each time there are new things to discover everywhere! I like that people are out walking around, not just in their cars all the time. I like that there's a huge park right in the middle of the city and that people just go there to take a walk or sit and be quiet. I like how you can walk into each of the burroughs and know you're in a new community.

I especially like how they said on the radio that today there was "a chance of showers until 1pm and a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm," but it was sunny all day until a half-hour storm at about 7pm! It was a perfect day to wander the streets of NYC!

No comments: